146: Chamomile Essential Oil
Today we take a deep dive into the amazingly powerful chamomile essential oil. Joining us on the show today is Young Living Diamond Leader Katie Giordano!
In this Episode You’ll Discover:
How chamomile got it’s name
The difference between species of chamomile
Which chamomile is most recommended for use on kids
The chemical composition of chamomile
Common uses of chamomile
Resources Mentioned in this Episode:
Submit a Recipe to the DIY Dugout by emailing email@example.com OR by using the Hashtags #diydugout and #revolutionoilspodcast on Instagram.
View our entire sponsor list at www.revolutinooilspodcast.com/sponsors
Recipes Mentioned in this Episode:
DIY Carpet Cleaner
From: Brenda Bennett in Odessa, FL
1 Box of baking soda
5 drops Purification oil blend
5 drops Thieves oil blend
5 drops of other oil of your choice
Combine ingredients in a large bowl
Sprinkle over your carpet or rug and let sit for about 15 mins
Vacuum up and enjoy your new stank-free carpet
Teething roller –German Chamomile, Lavender, Frankincense and Copaiba
● 1⁄2 cup baking soda
● 1⁄2 cup vinegar
● 5 drop German chamomile EO
● 5 drops bergamot EO
1. Mix all of the above ingredients in a glass jar. 2. Massage the mixture into the skin focusing on sore muscles. 3. Soak in a warm bath for at least 15 minutes to calm and relax the body and the mind. 4. Use as needed, daily if desired.
Bedtime Face Lotion
15 drops German chamomile EO
15 drops lavender EO
15 drops peppermint EO
1⁄4 cup olive oil
1⁄4 cup coconut oil
1⁄4 cup beeswax
1⁄4 cup shea butter
2 Tbsp. vitamin E
1. In a glass bowl add olive oil, beeswax, coconut oil and shea butter.
2. Place the glass bowl over a pot of simmering water on the stove and melt together. Mix well.
3. Once the four ingredients are melted and mixed well together remove from heat and place in the refrigerator for at last an hour or until solid.
4. Once the mixture is solid remove the bowl from the fridge.
5. Taking a hand mixer beat the mixture in the bowl until it is fluffy in texture.
6. Add the essential oils and vitamin E and mix well. Place in a glass container and store in a cool, dry place. 7. Apply to the face focusing on the temples before bedtime to help promote rest of the mind and body.
Roman - Bedtime Pillow Spray
3oz. witch hazel
10 drops Roman chamomile essential oil
10 drops lavender essential oil
5 drop wild orange essential oil
1. Combine all above ingredients in a dark glass spray bottle.
2. Mix well.
3. Shake before each use. 4. Spray on the bed, pillows, and linens, before bedtime for a more calm and relaxing sleep
Roman Chamomile Essential Oil Face-wash
1⁄4 cup liquid castile soap
1⁄4 cup brewed chamomile tea
3⁄4 tsp. carrier oil of your choice –such as grapeseed, almond or coconut
8 drops Roman chamomile essential oil
several drops of vitamin E oil –optional
1. Brew a strong cup of chamomile tea and allow it to cool; setting aside 1⁄4 cup that is needed for the recipe.
2. Combine all the remaining ingredients in a bowl and mix well. 3. Once the tea has cooled, add it to the mixture.
4. Mix well. 5. Pour mixture into a squirt or pump bottle. Be sure to mix well before each use. Use daily as needed. https://essentialoilsanctuary.com/15-roman-chamomile-essential-oil-benefits-uses-plus-recipes-application-tips/
German - Disassociation - integrated - I am connected - Soul (C2) Roman Chamomile - Petrified - Harmony - I detach, Unwelcome - Needed - I am here for a purpose
The Essential Oil Revolution Podcast features many Young Living Essential Oil Independent Distributors but is a completely separate entity from the company. Any information on the show in no way reflects the words or advice of Young Living Essential Oils. The information given on the show is meant for educational purposes only and is not intended to diagnose, cure, or treat anyone.