078: A Frugal Oiler's Guide to Young Living Essential Oils
On today’s show we talk with Lindsey Blackburn; a frugal mom who learns how to prioritize her oils and save money while doing it. We learn all of her tips and tricks about how to order, what oils to order, and how to make your stash stretch further to help your wallet and your health.
In this Episode You’ll Discover:
- What goes into deciding how much an oil cost?
- Why are some essential oils more expensive than others
- Oils according to cost per drop
- The cheapest and most expensive oils
- The myth that MLM makes prices extreamly higher than store brands
- A look into Thyme, Frankincense and Rose essential oil
- Lindsey’s favorite “ cheap” oils
- Ways to stretch your oils further
- The cheapest way to order oils
Resources Mentioned in the Episode:
- Thrive Market —— Save 20% off your first order
- Price per drop sheet
- Lindsey’s Facebook Group
- DIY Recipes for 18 of the cheapest Young Living Oils
- Wool Dryer Balls
Recipes Mentioned in the Show:
DIY Laundry Detergent Recipe by Lindsey Blackburn
- 1 1/2 cups baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups super washing soda
- 1 cup Borax
- 1/2 cup Epsom Salt
- 2 tbsp Salt
- 5 drops Purification
- 5 drops Lemon
- Use 1-2 tbsp per load
I double this recipe when I make it and it lasts us about a month and a half!
Add your recipe to our DIY Dugout.
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include your name, where you live and/or your website, and your recipe
The Essential Oil Revolution Podcast features many Young Living Essential Oil Independent Distributors but is a completely separate entity from the company. Any information on the show in no way reflects the words or advice of Young Living Essential Oils. The information given on the show is meant for educational purposes only and is not intended to diagnose, cure, or treat anyone.