119: Ylang Ylang Essential Oil and Plant Powered Beauty w/ Amy Galper
Amy Galper is the cofounder of The New York Institute of Aromatic Studies and has been a Certified Aromatherapist since 2001, as well as a passionate advocate, entrepreneur, formulator, and consultant in organic beauty and wellness. Today we dive into her new book, Plant Powered Beauty and talk about one of our favorite oils, Ylang Ylang essential oil.
In this Episode You’ll Discover:
- The amazing recipes in the new book, Plant Powered Beauty
- What is essential oil synergy
- The history and distillation of Ylang Ylang essential oil
- How to use Ylang Ylang Essential Oil
Resources Mentioned in this Episode:
- PlantPowered Beauty: The Essential Guide to Using Natural Ingredients for Health, Wellness, and Personal Skincare
- Connect with Amy email@example.com
- The New York Institute of Aromatic Studies —> Get $100 off select course with promo code REVOLUTION at www.aromaticstudies.com
- Eligible courses include:
- Balms, Butters, and Salves
- French Aromatherapy
- Botanical Body Care Products
- Foundations of Aromatherapy⁃
- Get 20% off all live streaming courses using promo code REVOLUTION20 HERE
- Diabetes Health Summit —> Free April 23-29, 2018
- This episode is sponsored by Casper —> Visit Casper.com/revolution to get $50 towards select Casper mattresses with promo code REVOLUTION at Casper.com/revolution
- Thrive Market —> Try it for FREE for 30 days and receive 20% off your first order at www.thrivemarket.com/revolutionoils
Recipes Mentioned in this Episode:
Soothing Rollerball –Great for soothing nervous energy and opening the heart.
- 10 drops of White Pine essential oil (Pinus strobus)
- 14 Drops of Lavender essential oil (Lavandula angustifolia)
- 2 drops of German Chamomile essential oil (blue Chamomile) (matricaria recutita)
- .35 oz roller ball
Add about 1/3 ounce ( a little less than 1 TBSP) of Jojoba Oil, or your favorite carrier oil into a small measuring cup and add in your essential oils. Blend with a metal, glass or wooden stirrer, and carefully pour into rollerball. Pop on the top and gently shake.
The Essential Oil Revolution Podcast features many Young Living Essential Oil Independent Distributors but is a completely separate entity from the company. Any information on the show in no way reflects the words or advice of Young Living Essential Oils. The information given on the show is meant for educational purposes only and is not intended to diagnose, cure, or treat anyone.